Install Guest Additions Big Sur 11.6.7

Discussions about using Mac OS X guests (on Apple hardware) in VirtualBox.
Marcio Souza

Install Guest Additions Big Sur 11.6.7

Post by Marcio Souza »

Good morning people !

I'm trying to install Guest Additions on Big Sur 11.6.7 and I can't access the graphical interface and I can't access recovery mode with the CTRL+R or CMD+R keys to disable SIP, is there any other way to do this ?
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Install Guest Additions Big Sur 11.6.7

Post by mpack »

Your post is confusing. Guest Additions (GAs) are installed inside the Guest (hence the name). But you posted in "MacOS hosts", making me wonder if Big Sur is the host or the guest.

Your physical PC OS is the host. The VM OS is the guest. You don't install the GAs on the host.
Marcio Souza

Post by Marcio Souza »

Sorry for the confusion, yes the problem is in the Big Sur virtual machine, I installed it on the host and when I try to install it inside the VM the problem happens, to solve it I would have to disable SIP but I can't get into recovery mode.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

I'm still not sure what you mean by "I installed it on the host". What is "it"? As already mentioned, Guest Additions are never installed on the host.

Since your question concerns the guest, I will move your topic to "Mac OS Guests".

Your question will then have to await the attention of a MacOS user. In the meantime I hope you're aware that MacOS Guest Additions do not officially exist, and they do very little at the moment. In particular there is no graphics acceleration or GA shared folders.