reboot loop

Discussions about using Mac OS X guests (on Apple hardware) in VirtualBox.
joyboy97

reboot loop

Post by joyboy97 »

Hey
I just installed a macOs vm and I did power it off soon after the initial installation fishished.
I don't know if this was the cause or not but ever since the initial installation my vm has been spontaniously rebooting while I use it at seemingly random times.
i put 4 cpu, 6 gb ram and 50 gb of memory for this system and i was wondering if there was a way to stop the rebooting.
Otherwise if I just need to reinstalll the vm inwhich case could anyone give me specific instructions on how to install the makke this vm correctly.
Thank you for reading,
granada29
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Linux, macOS, Windows

Re: reboot loop

Post by granada29 »

Mods: Please move to macOS Guests forum.

@joyboy97
Please provide a session log as detailed by @scottgus1 on many occasions.

Start the VM from full normal shutdown, not save-state. Run until you see the problem happen, then shut down the VM from within the VM's OS if possible. If not possible, close the Virtualbox window for the VM with the Power Off option set.

Right-click the VM in the main Virtualbox window's VM list, choose Show Log. Save the far left tab's log, zip it, and post the zip file, using the forum's Upload Attachment tab.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: reboot loop

Post by mpack »

Please provide a VM log file. Make sure the VM is fully shut down, then right click it in the manager UI. Select "Show Log" and save "VBox.log" (no other file) to a zip file. Attach the zip here.