Speakers are not working

Discussions about using Mac OS X guests (on Apple hardware) in VirtualBox.
MrAB123

Speakers are not working

Post by MrAB123 »

Greetings all,

I am running MacOS Monterey guest on a Windows 10 host machine. I have the latest VirtualBox (6.1.32). Unfortunately speakers don't work. But other than that everything else seem to work fine including the microphone and the camera. I have spent few hour trying to figure out what might be wrong but have failed to get the speakers to work. I am using Intel HD Audio as the controller. If I try to use any other controller, on the Mac side it throws an error when it starts playing audio.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
AndyCot

Re: Speakers are not working

Post by AndyCot »

Hackintosh's are not supported.
MrAB123

Post by MrAB123 »

AndyCot wrote:Hackintosh's are not supported.
Humm ... VirtualBox has MacOS as on option to choose when you create a new VM. So, I don't think your statement is correct. Besides, Hackintosh refers to the hardware and not a VM.
granada29
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Linux, macOS, Windows

Post by granada29 »

MrAB123 wrote: Humm ... VirtualBox has MacOS as on option to choose when you create a new VM. So, I don't think your statement is correct. Besides, Hackintosh refers to the hardware and not a VM.
macOS is only supported on genuine Apple hardware. See a detailed explanation in OSX guests on non-Apple hardware

A mod will be along presently to lock this topic.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

I'll just point out one thing: It's perfectly all right to run a Mac guest on a Windows or Linux host, as long as the physical computer is from Apple, as Granada29 points out.

MrAB123, if your computer is an Apple computer running Windows, please start a new topic, and attach a zipped VM log using the forum's Upload Attachment tab.