Mac OS X Big Sur, Issue: ICLOUD_UNTRUSTED_DEVICE

Discussions about using Mac OS X guests (on Apple hardware) in VirtualBox.
icantcomeupwithaname

Mac OS X Big Sur, Issue: ICLOUD_UNTRUSTED_DEVICE

Post by icantcomeupwithaname »

I want to sign in to my iCloud device using Mac OS X Big Sur, I am seeing lots of people with the same issue, I am hoping you guys can help me out because I really need to use iCloud on my laptop. I am running 8GB of RAM (4 GB Virtual Machine), I need to know if I need more memory or if this can be fixed in anyway. I have notice seeing other people with the same issue/ same topic on this website and seeing that their topic gets locked due to I guess oracle not wanting to providing restrictive bypassing services for people who want to use mac os on VirtualBox, but you don't understand how much this means to me. I have tried emulating a mac by adding serial numbers, and connecting to a vpn, whenever I get into my iCloud, everything works, it's just slow because my computer has less memory than a typical machine running Big Sur, it worked faster with Catalina but I wanted to install the newest one. I got it, my question is how can I bypass this "ICLOUD UNTRUSTED DEVICE" error? I guess a computer that can run big operating systems like Mac OS X typically has 16GB of RAM instead of 8, which I have 16GB of RAM but my computer won't read 16, so I know one of my memory slots on the motherboard are damaged but that doesn't really matter. Please and thank you to the people helping me bypass this situation, I will never forget how helpful people are.
granada29
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Linux, macOS, Windows

Re: Mac OS X Big Sur, Issue: ICLOUD_UNTRUSTED_DEVICE

Post by granada29 »

icantcomeupwithaname wrote: ...
I have notice seeing other people with the same issue/ same topic on this website and seeing that their topic gets locked due to I guess oracle not wanting to providing restrictive bypassing services for people who want to use mac os on VirtualBox, but you don't understand how much this means to me.
Please read OSX guests on non-Apple hardware. We cannot help you unless you are on genuine Apple hardware. A friendly moderator will be along to lock this thread very soon unless you can prove you are running Apple hardware.

Also you posted in the VirtualBox on Mac OS X Hosts forum whereas you actually trying to run a macOS Guest system. macOS on Apple hardware is available in VirtualBox and you can ask about that in the Mac OS X Guests forum.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Mac OS X Big Sur, Issue: ICLOUD_UNTRUSTED_DEVICE

Post by mpack »

Topic moved to "Mac OS X Guests" and locked.