Solved! Failed to initialize video. Your GPU may not be supported or your graphics drivers....

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
Nick is not my name

Solved! Failed to initialize video. Your GPU may not be supported or your graphics drivers....

Post by Nick is not my name »

Hello,
After installing 6.1.18 on my Mac OS High Sierra (Host) and the guest additions (Win.10 Guest) I seem to be having the same error that I had a while back with a past upgrade.When I open Open Broadcaster Software (OBS)I get this error, "Failed to initialize video. Your GPU may not be supported or your graphics drivers may need to be updated." I fixed it in the past by installing the correct guest additions which was the non specific "VBox Windows guest additions". This time I tried all three and I still get the same error. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Nick Is Not My Name
Last edited by Nick is not my name on 1. Mar 2021, 06:11, edited 1 time in total.
Nick is not my name

Re: Failed to initialize video. Your GPU may not be supported or your graphics drivers....

I found the answer on youtube! It's DXCPL software! Make sure to use the 32 bit. I didn't at first as I thought because my Mac is 64 bit that I needed 64 instead. My Vbox crashed. LOL. I went back looking for 32bit and made a good mistake by downloading the control panel. The control panel said what I had was not compatible and had asked me if I wanted a compatible version and I clicked,"yes!" I'm back in business! Thank You to the youtube guy who made that video! I don't know if I am allowed to post his video so I won't. I'm sure you can find it!

Nick Is Not My Name :D :D :D :D :D :D
Nick is not my name

Re: Solved! Failed to initialize video. Your GPU may not be supported or your graphics drivers....

Ok, So I can't seem to fix it with DXCPL this time. I am including the log from a few days ago. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Nick Is Not My Name
Attachments
Win 10 3.9.21. -2021-08-24-19-16-34.log
(125.93 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Solved! Failed to initialize video. Your GPU may not be supported or your graphics drivers....

Post by scottgus1 »

This topic appears to be a parallel to Nick's topic in Mac Hosts viewtopic.php?f=8&t=103726.

How to run OBS or DXCPL is not in the scope of this forum. If the fundamental problem is getting a Webcam into the VM, see the manual https://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch09. ... assthrough.

If the problem is the video card compatibility, you've already done as much as you can. Guest Additions with 3D acceleration are installed and working. As Trillian reported on the Heart of Gold:
Probability factor of one to one. We have normality. I repeat, we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.
:lol:
In other words, what you've got is the best video Virtualbox can get. To get any better you'd have to run on bare metal instead of a VM. FWIW, Macs based on Intel can run Windows natively.

Also, since this is a Windows guest, this topic wouldn't go in Mac Guests. :D