can't install addition on solaris

Discussions about using Solaris guests in VirtualBox.
harryjoe

can't install addition on solaris

Post by harryjoe »

sudo pkgadd -d /cdrom/cdrom0/VBoxSolarisAdditions.pkg all
pkgadd: ERROR: no packages were found in </media/VBOXADDITIONS_5.2.2_119230/VBoxSolarisAdditions.pkg>

I entered the above command but I receive an error instead. I'm running Solaris (vbox template) on a virtual machine.
Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: can't install addition on solaris

Post by socratis »

harryjoe wrote:Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
For starters you posted in the wrong forum, "Linux Hosts" instead of "Solaris guests". Your problem is with your guest, not your host. But you're new around here, so no problem, I'll move it there for you... ;)
harryjoe wrote:I receive an error instead.
You should have posted the exact error, not a generic description of it. We can't start guessing what the error is, can we?

Since I'm no expert on Solaris, I would urge you to read the related "Solaris guests" forum. I do remember seeing some issues with the Guest Additions under Solaris, but as I said, I don't "speak" Solaris, so someone else might have an idea. But, go through the forum yourself as well...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.