Establishing Bridge Network

Discussions about using Solaris guests in VirtualBox.

Establishing Bridge Network

Postby Sourav » 3. Jul 2013, 08:27

Hi,

I have windows 7 as host machine and have installed solaris 11 in virtual box as guest.I have followed the guide to establish bridge networking between hosts and guest machine.The steps are as follows:
1. changed settings to bridge in network option
2. rebooted the guest

Now when i execute ping which ip of HOSTS, it show [ip] is alive.
But when i try to do TELNET or SSH using the ip of the hosts machine it says connection refused.

Please let me know if there are any configuration steps missed or need to do in hosts in order to establish bridge connection successfully....!

Thanks,
Sourav
Sourav
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 3. Jul 2013, 08:10

Re: Establishing Bridge Network

Postby noteirak » 3. Jul 2013, 12:22

Sourav wrote:But when i try to do TELNET or SSH using the ip of the hosts machine it says connection refused.

This means the OS doesn't have the port open, or that the firewall is blocking it.
Hyperbox - Virtual Infrastructure Manager - https://kamax.io/hbox/
Manage your VirtualBox infrastructure the free way!
noteirak
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 5177
Joined: 13. Jan 2012, 11:14
Primary OS: Debian other
VBox Version: OSE Debian
Guest OSses: Debian, Win 2k8, Win 7

Re: Establishing Bridge Network

Postby Sourav » 3. Jul 2013, 12:31

noteirak wrote:
Sourav wrote:But when i try to do TELNET or SSH using the ip of the hosts machine it says connection refused.

This means the OS doesn't have the port open, or that the firewall is blocking it.


But when i checked in network and sharing center in windows which is my host machine, there firewall is OFF.
Please suggest.
Sourav
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 3. Jul 2013, 08:10

Re: Establishing Bridge Network

Postby noteirak » 3. Jul 2013, 12:41

What about the guest machine? :) And is there actually a SSH or a Telnet server running?
Hyperbox - Virtual Infrastructure Manager - https://kamax.io/hbox/
Manage your VirtualBox infrastructure the free way!
noteirak
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 5177
Joined: 13. Jan 2012, 11:14
Primary OS: Debian other
VBox Version: OSE Debian
Guest OSses: Debian, Win 2k8, Win 7

Re: Establishing Bridge Network

Postby Sourav » 3. Jul 2013, 16:04

noteirak wrote:What about the guest machine? :) And is there actually a SSH or a Telnet server running?

Thanks for your reply. Actually in guest virtual machine i.e Solaris 11, I checked the ssh services using command "svcs ssh". It showed state online which i think meant enabled !!
Please let me know if you have any suggestion to establish a connection.
Sourav
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 3. Jul 2013, 08:10

Re: Establishing Bridge Network

Postby noteirak » 3. Jul 2013, 19:08

Well I am afraid this is not part of Virtualbox. You cleary are able to connect to the machine, but the machine is refusing the connection. So Virtualbox did its part here.
More troubleshooting is out of scope I am afraid, but I'll repeat what I said : the error is telling you that the machine refused the connection, so either nobody is listening on the port, or a firewall is set to actively reject the connection.
Hyperbox - Virtual Infrastructure Manager - https://kamax.io/hbox/
Manage your VirtualBox infrastructure the free way!
noteirak
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 5177
Joined: 13. Jan 2012, 11:14
Primary OS: Debian other
VBox Version: OSE Debian
Guest OSses: Debian, Win 2k8, Win 7

Re: Establishing Bridge Network

Postby Sourav » 3. Jul 2013, 19:13

noteirak wrote:Well I am afraid this is not part of Virtualbox. You cleary are able to connect to the machine, but the machine is refusing the connection. So Virtualbox did its part here.
More troubleshooting is out of scope I am afraid, but I'll repeat what I said : the error is telling you that the machine refused the connection, so either nobody is listening on the port, or a firewall is set to actively reject the connection.


Sourav wrote:OK.....Thanks for your help !!
Sourav
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 3. Jul 2013, 08:10


Return to Solaris Guests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests