Solaris Guest does not mount CDROM

Discussions about using Solaris guests in VirtualBox.
gdon_2003

Solaris Guest does not mount CDROM

Post by gdon_2003 »

I am running Windows 7 as the host and Solaris 10 Update 10 as the guest. The cdrom used to mount properly in Solaris when I checked the CDROM icon in the lower right of the window. Now the cdrom is checked but never mounts in Solaris. If I try to eject the cdrom through the CDROM icon I get a message about force umounting the device. If I go to Windows I can see the cdrom in the explorer and it never goes to Solaris control.

The Solaris side has the proper entries in the /etc/rmmount.conf file for cdrom and the cdrom disks will mount in a real Solaris 10 system, so it is not the cdrom disk it self.

I a running the newest version of Virtual box, 4.2.6 and the Solaris 10 Update 10 is patched to current levels (Just yesterday).

I am sharing my Windows desktop to Solaris but the cdrom was not working before I added the shared folder. I added the shared folder as a work around for getting files from Windows to Solaris.
noteirak
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Debian other
VBox Version: OSE Debian
Guest OSses: Debian, Win 2k8, Win 7

Re: Solaris Guest does not mount CDROM

Post by noteirak »

Which CDROM are you talking about? Are you talking about a real CD or an ISO? What are you doing exactly when you say "mounting"?
Hyperbox - Virtual Infrastructure Manager - https://apps.kamax.lu/hyperbox/
Manage your VirtualBox infrastructure the free way!