Shared Folder - ls command - vbi_internal_alloc failure

Discussions about using Solaris guests in VirtualBox.
zimmedoj
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Solaris 11 Express

Shared Folder - ls command - vbi_internal_alloc failure

Post by zimmedoj »

While logged into the Solaris 11 Express Guest System, I initiate a terminal session and mount the Shared Folder. I can initially ls the contents of the Shared Folder; however, if I navigate around and then cd back to the Shared Folder and ls the contents again, I receive "ls: error reading directory .: Not enough space". I can list all other (non Shared) directories without a problem. No third party applications have been started at this point. I have 1GB free on each of my swap files /var/run and /tmp. Looking at /var/adm/messages I see the following:

vboxguest: [ID 566520 kern.notice] NOTICE: vbi_internal_alloc() failure for 196608 bytes.
vboxguest: [ID 800535 kern.notice] vbi_config_alloc() failure for 196608 bytes.
vboxguest: [ID 320311 kern.notice] vbglPhysHeapChunkAlloc failure for 196608 bytes.
vboxguest: [ID 344015 kern.notice] VBoxGuestCommonIOCtl: HGCM_CALL: 64 Failed. rc=-8

I'm not sure what I need to adjust. Can someone point me in the right direction please?
Ramshankar
Oracle Corporation

Re: Shared Folder - ls command - vbi_internal_alloc failure

Post by Ramshankar »

Which version of VirtualBox and which version of Guest additions have you installed?

The vbi_internal_alloc() failure is an unrelated issue, if it -were- affecting you, you wouldn't be able to even mount the share folder in the first place.
Oracle Corp.
zimmedoj
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Solaris 11 Express

Post by zimmedoj »

The version of VirtualBox is 4.1.4r74291.
The version ov VBOXADDITIONS is 4.1.4_74291.

Please note that I can initally ls the shared folder but once the ls command fails against the shared folder, the vbi_internal_alloc() failure errors appear on each and every attempt thereafter.
Ramshankar
Oracle Corporation

Post by Ramshankar »

How much memory does the VM have? Could you please upload the VBox.log for the VM here?
Oracle Corp.