Opensolaris guest reboots frequently on VBox 3.0.2

Discussions about using Solaris guests in VirtualBox.
ribruce
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Opensolaris, Ubuntu, Windows

Opensolaris guest reboots frequently on VBox 3.0.2

Post by ribruce »

Hi all,

I have used VirtualBox for quite some time on my Mac to run multiple different guest OS's including Solaris Nevada (multiple versions), Opensolaris, Ubuntu, and WinXP. I am currently running Win7 as a host OS and was trying to do some testing with a guest Opensolaris 2009.06 install. A generic install causes frequent random reboots, especially in bootup prior to the Opensolaris logon screen. I tried the latest development Opensolaris build with the same results. I've tried numerous settings changes.

Attached is a log. Any help would be greatly appreciated. BTW, an Ubuntu 64 guest on the same machine so far has been completely stable.

Richard
Attachments
Opensolaris-2009-07-23-12-08-36.log
(74.37 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
codemonkey
Primary OS: Mac OS X Leopard
Guest OSses: OpenSolaris, Linux

Re: Opensolaris guest reboots frequently on VBox 3.0.2

Post by codemonkey »

I'm having the same kind of issues with random reboots. I've been trying to compile mysql on opensolaris but VBox keeps suddenly rebooting and I've never been able to compile it to the end.

I'm running on a Mac OS X Leopard host with OpenSolaris 2009.06 guest (2 CPU, 3D acc enabled).
VBox version 3.0.2 r49928
SSCBrian
Volunteer
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
Guest OSses: Windows 8 RTM (MSDN)

Post by SSCBrian »

Doesn't directly help you, but wanted to report that OpenSolaris 2009.06 is stable on my Vista x64 host.
codemonkey
Primary OS: Mac OS X Leopard
Guest OSses: OpenSolaris, Linux

Post by codemonkey »

For me by changing the number of CPU cores from 2 to 1 fixed the reboot problem. The opensolaris guest does not spontaneously reboot anymore.