Where is Mini Toolbar?

Discussions about using Solaris guests in VirtualBox.
rasta
Volunteer

Where is Mini Toolbar?

Post by rasta »

I can't find the VM mini toolbar introduced in 3.0.2. It is enabled in Settings, but where is it? I've always used "Ctrl + Home" to get access to the VM options when in Fullscreen mode.

Thanks....
SecretCode
Primary OS: Ubuntu other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Ubuntu, XP, other

Re: Where is Mini Toolbar?

Post by SecretCode »

In the guest, in fullscreen mode, move the mouse to the bottom of the screen (centre of the bottom) - it should pop into view!
rasta
Volunteer

Post by rasta »

I still can't find it anywhere in my Solaris guest. Hmmm. Has anyone actually seen it in Solaris or OpenSolaris guests?
Perryg
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: *NIX

Post by Perryg »

Works in my opensolairs.

Had a time getting it to work though. First time I tried it would not work period. I then turned on 3D effects and it still would not work.
Messed around because my Windows toolbar was still on top even though opensolaris was in full screen and it finally popped up after the Windows toolbar went away.
Turned off 3D effect and it still worked, but it takes a few seconds for the Windows toolbar to go away, and you will not see it until Windows toolbar gets out of the way.

The host + home key works all the time and does not popup unless you call for it :wink:
rasta
Volunteer

Post by rasta »

With my fullscreen Solaris 10 guest running on a dual-screen setup with no Windows toolbar, I still can't find the damn thing no matter what. Have moved my mouse everywhere.
rasta
Volunteer

Post by rasta »

The toolbar works GREAT in 3.0.4. Thank you, Sun!
rasta
Volunteer

Post by rasta »

I see that in 3.0.2 there was a bug in that the toolbar was only drawn on the first host display, and my VM was in the second. Fixed in 3.0.4.