Solaris 10u6 and timesync?

Discussions about using Solaris guests in VirtualBox.
UnixMonky

Solaris 10u6 and timesync?

Post by UnixMonky »

Hello all~

I can't seem to get my Solaris 10u6 guest (on an XP/sp3 host) to update time after suspending/restarting the guest. I've looked through the docs, and searched the forum, but haven't seen any notes saying this feature doesn't work on Solaris.

I'm using VBox 2.0.6, and have the VB Guest Extensions installed. I installed Solaris with the SUNWCuser cluster.

I apologize in advance if this has been answered already; if so, kindly point me to the answer.

~Thanks!
sej7278
Volunteer
Primary OS: Debian other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Solaris, Linux, Windows, OS/2, MacOSX, FreeBSD

Post by sej7278 »

i'd say for a start upgrade to 2.1.2, i couldn't even get solaris 10u6 to install or run in 64-bit mode let alone get additions working on 2.0.x
UnixMonky

Post by UnixMonky »

I'm now running at 2.1.2, and the same issue occurs.

I thought maybe it was an Xwin issue... typically I start the VM, wait for the gui login window, then minimize the VM and ssh in (I do all my work from the command line). I tried logging into the gui and suspending, still no love...

Does anyone have this same issue, or is it just me ?
SSCBrian
Volunteer
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows 8 RTM (MSDN)

Re:

Post by SSCBrian »

UnixMonky wrote: Does anyone have this same issue, or is it just me ?
Only if I suspend the VM. No problem if I just startup/shutdown.
wfiveash

Re: Re:

Post by wfiveash »

SSCBrian wrote:
UnixMonky wrote: Does anyone have this same issue, or is it just me ?
Only if I suspend the VM. No problem if I just startup/shutdown.
I too am having this problem and it's annoying. I've got a OS X 10.5.7 Host and a OpenSolaris Guest running on VB v2.2.2. When I start the OS Guest after it was previously shutdown, time/date is in sync between the Host and Guest. When I close my laptop lid and the Host hibernates, once it wakes up the OS Guest is now out of sync both time and date with the Host. It would be nice if resyncing was handled in a fast, automated way when my laptop wakes up and the VB starts running again.