[Solved] Spontaneous click "Ctrl+C"

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
FrankensteinAssistant

[Solved] Spontaneous click "Ctrl+C"

Post by FrankensteinAssistant »

Hello, everyone!

I have started using Vbox like 2 months and still can`t handle with one my problem. I have a spontaneous click "Ctrl+C" when I just move some windows. How I check that my problem still exists, e.g:
  1. Start "CMD" => Default line "C:\Users\Administartor>" appears => Click "Ctrl+C" => new line appears like previous.
  2. Move "CMD" window => new line appears like previous, but I don`t understand why it happens...
That problem really interferes me when I work with different programs and I need to move or resize some windows because spontaneous combination "Ctrl+C" closes my program.
Also this problem is OS independent, it could be Win7, Win10, WinServer, This is really a global problem for my Vbox.
Could someone give me some tips on how I can solve my problem?

It`s a result when I moved and resized CMD window:
Move and resize.png
Move and resize.png (48.1 KiB) Viewed 2133 times
Last edited by socratis on 22. Nov 2019, 10:33, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as [Solved].
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Spontaneous click "Ctrl+C"

Post by socratis »

FrankensteinAssistant wrote:I have a spontaneous click "Ctrl+C" when I just move some windows.
:shock:
You realize that what you're describing is kind of hard for your average user to understand as a concept, right? Moving a window sends a keystroke... something doesn't compute here.

Do you have any software active on your Host, like mouse-keys, keyboard assistants, accessibility software, other?

I want to see the recipe of the VM, the ".vbox" file. Right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager, select "Show in Explorer". ZIP the selected ".vbox" file and attach it to your response.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
FrankensteinAssistant

I have the usual OS windows without additional programs you mentioned.
Zip file with file *.vbox is attached.
Attachments
Vbox_settings.zip
(2.08 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

<HardDisk uuid="{bf8e1857-fe6f-4322-81e7-a9f8f7d67255}" location="WIN7ETx86L1V04-disk1.vmdk" format="VMDK" type="Normal"/>
Where did you get this VM from? Are you seeing the same behavior on other VMs? If you don't have other VMs, download a Linux distribution and create a new VM to test-drive it. For example https://linuxmint.com/download.php
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
FrankensteinAssistant

In particular, I took it from a colleague, perhaps this is not a good example.
But I have another virtual machine that I created myself:

Unfortunately, I have the same problem on all my VMs...
Attachments
Win10_x64.zip
(1.93 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

FrankensteinAssistant wrote:Unfortunately, I have the same problem on all my VMs...
I need you to try the LiveDVD that I suggested. So that I know that we're starting from a clean slate. Both of these .vbox files are with VMDK hard disks, not the default VDI, which means something is not as pristine as I'd like it to be. Plus the Guest Additions are too old on both of these.

So, download the Mint19 DVD, and I need to see a complete log. Follow a "start the VM from cold-boot" / "observe or recreate the problem" / "shutdown the VM" cycle. With the VM completely shut down (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log". Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response.
FrankensteinAssistant

Hi, sorry that I did not reply for a while.
I`ve solved my problem and found a program that caused me pain.
It was a "QTranslate" tool on my host machine. It pressed "Ctrl + C" every time I selected text or did any window manipulation.
I turned it off and the problem disappeared.

Thank you for trying to help me, good luck!
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

FrankensteinAssistant wrote:It was a "QTranslate" tool on my host machine. It pressed "Ctrl + C" every time I selected text or did any window manipulation.
That's interesting... I've used/I'm using the QT translate tool (I use it to translate VirtualBox in Greek) and I've never seen it interfere! :shock:

Thank you for the feedback and the solution, hope someone finds it useful in the future. Marking as [Solved].
FrankensteinAssistant

Re: [Solved] Spontaneous click "Ctrl+C"

I’ll make a small clarification, I use QTranslate version 6.7.3 and in this version there is an option "Mouse mode". If I enable it, the problem will appear.
abc.png
abc.png (7.14 KiB) Viewed 2038 times
socratis
Site Moderator

Re: [Solved] Spontaneous click "Ctrl+C"

Post by socratis »

I'm sorry... is that a tray icon menu? A constantly-running app on your system? A TSR one (older folks will get it)...

Yeah, those are expected to modify your computer's behavior. That why they're there, running all the time. I use Qt Translator on an OSX host, I don't have things like this, thankfully... ;)