Guru Meditation -1607 (VERR_PGM_HANDLER_NOT_FOUND) (#19007)

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Guru Meditation -1607 (VERR_PGM_HANDLER_NOT_FOUND) (#19007)

Post by socratis »

caspertone wrote:I felt that my pointing to a bug was somehow dismissed like a children crying
I don't know where you saw that. On the contrary, I said that it seems that we have too many similar reports, and if anything we should start digging more into this.
caspertone wrote:And I felt that the "community" was just dragging their feet in taking this point as a reality.
See above. But also don't expect us to drop everything and deal with your issue. Plus the community can only investigate, collect and gather evidence.

BTW, the "community" includes users, not the developers. And you're a user too, so you should be doing your part if you want to help. Just drawing attention only to your issue, and not looking at it as a community-issue/community-wide, is not a community-way-of-thinking, it's a selfish-way-of-thinking....
caspertone wrote:What I felt was I was patronized to follow the standard steps to correct a misconfiguration, not feeling that the counterpart could imagine that it was perhaps a real bug - even when I had explained that I had already tried the standard response steps...
A bug can only be determined as a bug if 1) it's reproducible, 2) if it's reproducible by others, 3) if it's reproducible by a developer. You were still in #1 to #2... Now you start sounding like the 1st point you made...
caspertone wrote:But sometimes I feel that longstanding members of the community seem to be tired to answer to non documented users and from time to time the sound condescending.
I'm not sure why you think you're entitled to an answer. I'm not sure why other members have to answer you. I'm not sure why you think that other members have to tirelessly answer your questions 24/7 like they're your personal support, with a smile and taking your question as a CaseNumber 298521, and have to follow up and keep you up to date. This is not your bank/insurance/other dealing with your personal issues, and you're not the single member that requires the community to focus on your issue; you're yet another member of a community, a community that has to deal with multiple issues...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
caspertone

Re: Guru Meditation -1607 (VERR_PGM_HANDLER_NOT_FOUND) (#19007)

Post by caspertone »

@Socratis
Fair enough.
In any case my initial comments were not even referring to you.
I propose to stop, now both views are there for anyone to consider. I have my views, I also understand yours.
Thanks,
CT