VirtualBox with Proxys

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
mrnate72

VirtualBox with Proxys

Post by mrnate72 »

Hello! I have recently begun learning ethical hacking and I want to be able to use my windows 7 virtual machine to save and sort through the mass amounts of data coming through the proxy server, but I am having trouble setting up my proxy server. Basically I have setup the proxy server locally but I dont know how to get it so I can look stuff up on the host machine and have it be intercepted by the softwares on my virtual machine. Thank you for your help and if there is anything else you need help with just let me know.

Thank you,
Mrnate72
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: VirtualBox with Proxys

Post by scottgus1 »

Virtualbox is a "hardware" provider, like Biostar or Gigabyte. The "hardware" is virtual, but it's just the "PC" you run an OS and whatever programs you'd want to run.

You want to hack a proxy. How would you do that with a real computer? You'd probably try to access the proxy through the proxy's network. That's how you'd do it with a Virtualbox guest: get connected to the proxy's network. Of course the host "PC" running Virtualbox would have to be connected to the proxy's network. Then you would Bridge the Virtualbox guest's network card to the physical network card that the host PC uses to connect to the network. Wired Ethernet is best to Bridge to. Now the guest is on the proxy's network. You can now do what you wish through the guest's network connection.