Error when i try install new win 10

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
geoff1805

Error when i try install new win 10

Post by geoff1805 »

OS host win10 pro64
OS geust win10 pro64

New host installation with hyperV composant install
New vm with standard virtualbox parameter.

Échec de l'ouverture de session pour la machine virtuelle w10.

Call to WHvSetupPartition failed: ERROR_SUCCESS (Last=0xc000000d/87) (VERR_NEM_VM_CREATE_FAILED).

Code d'erreur : E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Composant : ConsoleWrap
Interface : IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}
Attachments
w10-2019-04-22-21-48-44.log
(35.33 KiB) Downloaded 348 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Error when i try install new win 10

Post by socratis »

Search for "VERR_NEM_VM_CREATE_FAILED"
Chercher pour "VERR_NEM_VM_CREATE_FAILED"
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
geoff1805

Post by geoff1805 »

I do the search but i can find a solution. This is the reason of this post :-)
andyp73
Volunteer
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Post by andyp73 »

On your host you need to ensure that the virtualisation is enabled in the BIOS. Then you need to disable Hyper-V, anything that looks, smells or tastes like Hyper-V and then all of it's distantly related cousins (aka DeviceGuard, CredentialGuard, Containers, ...)

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.
socratis
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

geoff1805 wrote:I do the search but i can find a solution.
I'm sorry, but your search engine is not that good then...
00:00:10.746378 HM: HMR3Init: Attempting fall back to NEM: AMD-V is not available
00:00:10.769119 NEM: WHvCapabilityCodeHypervisorPresent is TRUE, so this might work...
It seems that you have Hyper-V enabled. You can tell if this is true from the status bar where the "slow" icon (Image) shows. Look in the "Control Panel" » "Programs and Features" » "Turn Windows features on or off", and make sure that the none of the following are active:
  • Application Guard
  • Credential Guard
  • Device Guard
  • <any> * Guard
  • Containers
  • Hyper-V
  • Virtual Machine Platform
  • Windows Hypervisor Platform
  • Windows Sandbox
If VirtualBox is running without Hyper-V enabled, where proper, hardware virtualization is actually available, then the standard virtualization icon (Image) would show. Disable Hyper-V in your host and see what happens...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
geoff1805

Post by geoff1805 »

Just imagine that the explanation I found was not as complete as yours. And there is even sometimes the contrary information (which says that we must add hyperV). I try asap and I let you know.
Thanks a lot
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

geoff1805 wrote:And there is even sometimes the contrary information (which says that we must add hyperV).
You did not see that advice on this site ever, nor in the user manual.
geoff1805

Post by geoff1805 »

I do it but now, i loose the posibility to install a 64 bit vm. I suppose i've trash too much windows feature... :mrgreen:
BillG
Volunteer
Guest OSses: Windows 10,7 and earlier

Post by BillG »

That is still the same problem. VirtualBox still cannot access the hardware virtualization (VT-x or AMD-v depending on your CPU manufacturer) of your CPU. Either it is not enabled in the BIOS or something running on your physical machine is using it. Without that, you cannot run a 64-bit Windows 10 guest.
Bill
geoff1805

Post by geoff1805 »

It's not the same problem before advice, i have the posibility to create a 64VM. Yes ok, the install of the win10 64 iso fails but now, it's not possible to choose the template in the virtualbox menu...

Absolutly not the same problem...
geoff1805

Post by geoff1805 »

windows feature
Attachments
wf.png
wf.png (41.39 KiB) Viewed 7655 times
BillG
Volunteer
Guest OSses: Windows 10,7 and earlier

Post by BillG »

That shows that Hyper-V is not installed. Unfortunately there are plenty of other things which can prevent VirtualBox from accessing hardware virtualization in the CPU. There is a guide which helps you find the cause of the problem here

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=62339

but more and more new applications also cause this problem. The next version of Windows 10 includes a sandbox option which will also do this. There is no complete checklist available. You need to find what application on your system is using hardware virtualization and preventing VirtualBox from seeing it. Until you do, you will not be able to create a 64-bit guest.
Bill