Problem booting Windows Server/Client ISOs with UEFi in VB 6.0.6

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
mknuel

Problem booting Windows Server/Client ISOs with UEFi in VB 6.0.6

Post by mknuel »

I have a general problem to boot actual Windows Server/Clients ISOs with UEFI under VB 6.0.6
It starts to boot from the ISOs with "Loading Files..." correctly but after that it stucks with the VirtualBox Logo forever.
Tried also to change the Settings a little bit but nothing helps... it worked as i can remember under VB 6.0.4

Thanks for help!
Attachments
VBox.zip
Vbox Log File
(20.79 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
Last edited by mknuel on 21. Apr 2019, 09:54, edited 1 time in total.
andyp73
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Re: Problem booting Windows Server/Client ISOs with UEFi in VB 6.0.6

Post by andyp73 »

Please zip the log file and attach it to the thread. Most people won't go looking at third party sites. Plus, if the third party site ever disappears or deletes the file the context to the thread is lost.

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.
mknuel

Post by mknuel »

Thanks for the hint!
andyp73
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Post by andyp73 »

VBox.log wrote:
00:00:02.427526 HM: HMR3Init: Attempting fall back to NEM: VT-x is not available
00:00:02.492285 NEM: WHvCapabilityCodeHypervisorPresent is TRUE, so this might work...
It appears that you have Hyper-V enabled on your host system (or something else enabled that is making use of it). This means that you are not using the native virtualisation support in VirtualBox but it is attempting to use Hyper-V instead. You probably see a green turtle icon on the bottom right corner of the guest window. The icon is used because this new feature in VirtualBox 6.0.x is glacially slow.

Follow the instructions in FAQ: I have a 64bit host, but can't install 64bit guests to try to disable Hyper-V. Bear in mind with later versions of Windows you also need to disable "Containers", "DeviceGuard", "CredentialGuard".

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.