Cannot Connect to Printer after Changing Network Adaptor to NAT

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
RossW

Cannot Connect to Printer after Changing Network Adaptor to NAT

Post by RossW »

I have two Windows VMs on Mac OSX Mojave hosts and after moving the Win7 guest from my old MacBook Pro to a new one I had to change the network adaptor to "NAT" in order to get it working (It was in bridged wifi mode). Now, though, I cannot print to my Epson ET-3700 printer installed on the Windows guests (the printer is connected wirelessly to my router). I can print just fine from the Mac hosts, however.

Do I need to re-install the printer software after changing the VBox guest network adaptor?

EDIT: Uninstalling and re-installing the EPSON software/drivers didn't work; it can't find the wireless printer on the network.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Cannot Connect to Printer after Changing Network Adaptor to NAT

Post by socratis »

RossW wrote:it can't find the wireless printer on the network
That printer has an IP. Find the IP of the printer and connect straight with the IP, not by "searching" in the network.

And there's a small possibility that you might not have to do that if we resolve your other question, Internet not working after VM move to new host.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.