[Solved] Office not rendering properly in Virtualbox

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
Alexis23

[Solved] Office not rendering properly in Virtualbox

Post by Alexis23 »

Just installed Windows 10 into VB 6.0.4.

Then installed MS Office.

Office apps don't render properly. Everything works but you can'd see some parts of the app (some buttons, etc). If you click in the right spot you can make things happen though.

Running on a brand new high end MacBook Pro.

Any advice from anyone?
Last edited by socratis on 1. Apr 2019, 11:07, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as [Solved].
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Office not rendering properly in Virtualbox

Post by socratis »

Alexis23 wrote:Just installed Windows 10 into VB 6.0.4.
Then chances are that you have selected (or actually it has been proposed by default) the VBoxSVGA option. Go to the VM Settings » Display » Screen » Graphics Controller: set that to VBoxVGA (minus the "S").

If that doesn't solve it, we need to see a complete VBox.log, from a complete VM run, where the problem occurs:
  • Start the VM from cold-boot (not from a paused or saved state) / Observe problem / Shutdown the VM (force close it if you have to).
  • With the VM completely shut down (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log".
  • Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response. See the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Alexis23

Post by Alexis23 »

Awesome - that was it. I spent hours on that!

Thanks
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Glad I could help. Marking as [Solved].
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.