Windows XP 32bit installation stalls at 14 minutes remaining

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
gokhanipkiss

Windows XP 32bit installation stalls at 14 minutes remaining

Post by gokhanipkiss »

Hello dear forum members,

I have been trying to use Windows XP SP3 32 bit as guest OS, in my Windows 8 64 bit host OS. Although I tried several different Windows XP setup discs, everytime the same thing happens, installation freezes at the same point:

"Registering components, Setup will complete in approximately: 14 minutes"
Adsız.jpg
Adsız.jpg (105.23 KiB) Viewed 1410 times
What might be the cause? Thank you in advance.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Windows XP 32bit installation stalls at 14 minutes remaining

Post by socratis »

We need to see a complete VBox.log, from a complete VM run, where the problem occurs:
  • Start the VM from cold-boot (not from a paused or saved state) / Observe problem / Shutdown the VM (force close it if you have to).
  • With the VM completely shut down (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log".
  • Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response. See the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
gokhanipkiss

Post by gokhanipkiss »

I have attached the log file.
Attachments
le-2019-03-31-21-49-40.zip
(23.23 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

gokhanipkiss wrote:Although I tried several different Windows XP setup discs
What does that even mean? Were you downloading ISOs that are on the internet? You don't have one of your own?
00:00:02.556214 File system of 'C:\emule_dl\
                Windows XP SP3 Lite Netbook Edition (160Mb Only) (XP.SP3.Lite)\
                XP.SP3.Lite\XP.Lite.SP3.iso' (DVD) is ntfs
Case in point, this looks like a ... something WinXP related, for a specific computer type, downloaded using a Torrent client.

I'm afraid we can't possibly continue this conversation, because 1) we don't know if this has been tampered with, 2) we can't honestly be seen to support hacked installations that bypass the EULA.

Locking this.

Open a new thread, if you get your hands on legitimate installation media. Most probably from eBay, but be careful not to get an OEM version, or a "Service Pack 3" version, which is not a bootable WinXP installation, but just a patch.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.