[Resolved] Zoner Photostudio fails to refresh display

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Zoner Photostudio fails to refresh display

Post by socratis »

[color=#105289]txemamint[/color] wrote:I can not see where you asked that.
[color=#00AA00]socratis[/color] wrote:2. Are we talking about an application not refreshing? While working with local data? Remote data?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
txemamint

Post by txemamint »

I tested Zoner Photo studio with pictures on files inside the VM and it worked fine. This confirm your diagnosis was right. Thank you.
I will try the sharing by the network. Maybe i need some help in the coming days.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

txemamint wrote:I will try the sharing by the network.
Mind you that not all applications work well with network shares in the form of "\\Server\Share\", they might have issues. You might have a better chance if you map the share to a drive in the VM, for example map "\\Host\Foto\" to "F:\".
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
txemamint

Post by txemamint »

Ok, it's done.
Changed the network conf. to bridge adapter.
I installed "samba" as file server in Linux Mint, and configured it for an anonymous access (from Windows).
The shared directory appears in windows explorer. I mapped this to the unit Y: as i was adviced.
Now, Zoner works absolutly fine.
Thank you for the help.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Excellent!
Marking this as [Resolved].