Windows server 2008 x86 guest hangs

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
Manoes

Windows server 2008 x86 guest hangs

Post by Manoes »

Hello brothers
I used new Virtualbox v6 and I tried guest windows 2008 ent x86 in Win 10 x64
(I installed the os with changed option of 3 processor, with VBoxVGA 3D enabled 256 video memory)
When I share a folder from Win 10 to guest OS and try to opening that the guest os hangs. the explorer not working. When I try to shutdown it takes more time to show shutting down.. but not it's shutting down. just hangs in that position
Any solutions

Sorry for my bad English

Kind Regards
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Windows server 2008 x86 guest hangs

Post by socratis »

We need to see a complete VBox.log, from a complete VM run:
  • Start the VM from cold-boot (not from a paused or saved state) / Observe problem / Shutdown the VM (force close it if you have to).
  • With the VM completely shut down (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log".
  • Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response. See the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Guus

Post by Guus »

I have a similar problem as I cannot do save state or shutdown the host. Everything just hangs when doing savestate or shutdown the host. I will try to find the log file and send it.

The strange thing is that the host can reboot, but not shutdown apparently.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

Guus, please start a new topic, since this one's old.

Start the guest from full normal shutdown, not save-state. Run until you see the problem happen, then shut down the guest from within the guest OS if possible. If not possible, close the Virtualbox window for the guest with the Power Off option set.

Right-click the guest in the main Virtualbox window's guest list, choose Show Log. Save the far left tab's log, zip it, and post the zip file, using the forum's Upload Attachment tab, in the new topic.