Echec connexion USB Host W8.1 VM W10

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
jpa23

Echec connexion USB Host W8.1 VM W10

Post by jpa23 »

devices_USB (2).jpg
devices_USB (2).jpg (79.18 KiB) Viewed 1877 times
Bonjour,

HOST : W8.1 64 bits
VirtualBox-5.2.22--126460-win-exe
Oracle VM VirtualBox Extension Pack-5.2.22.vbox_extpack

VM : W10 64 bits
VboxGuestAdditions.iso

"Echec de la connexion USB à la machine W10"
ceci pour tous les périphériques USB

Qu'est ce que j'ai oublié de faire ?

Cordialement

Yes mpack
j'ai coché le controleur USB 3.0 (XHCI)...

After activation on the virtual machine the USB are no longer visible on the host and are no longer visible on the virtual machine; In spite of everything we see them on the management of peripherals. But non available on storage panel.
Last edited by jpa23 on 10. Dec 2018, 16:12, edited 4 times in total.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Echec connexion USB Host W8.1 VM W10

Post by mpack »

Did you install the extension pack on the host? I.e. the code which implements USB2/USB3?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Please read the following thread: USB basics and troubleshooting, all of the posts.

If you still have a problem after reading through the whole thing, please follow the advice of the last post, #8: Asking for help and post the information requested.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
jpa23

Post by jpa23 »

Bonsoir,

La machine host affiche un controleur USB AMD USB 3.0 et pas de Hub USB racine
La machine virtuelle affiche un controleur hote INTEL(R) USB 3.0 et un hub racine (USB 3.0) !!!!!!
Pourquoi VirtualBox détecte un controleur Intel sur une base AMD ?

Impossible de mettre à jour le driver controleur INTEL par le driver controleur AMD.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Your virtual machine has virtual hardware, not your host's actual hardware. Do not install the AMD drivers. Read the FAQ again...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
jpa23

Post by jpa23 »

Voici les details des controleurs USB hote et VM

[Mod edit; 2 pictures in a PDF file, showing the host and guest device manager, removed]
Last edited by socratis on 11. Dec 2018, 23:44, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary attachment, be more "green".
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

You included 2 pictures in a PDF file!!!
I have removed the attachment, this is not the information requested. Please re-read the FAQ. Read all of the posts. And then post the information asked in the last post.

If you want help with the translation, try https://www.deepl.com/translator or https://translate.google.com/
mpack
Site Moderator

Post by mpack »

Please provide a VM log file. With the VM fully shut down, right click it in the GUI. Select "Show Log" and save "VBox.log" (no other file) to a zip file. Attach the zip here.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

The VBox.log is one of the things that the USB basics and troubleshooting » #8: Asking for help asks for.

Unfortunately not all the necessary information is included in the VBox.log. I can't see for example the USB filters and which ones are active. I can't see the host's USB setup/devices. That's why the information required is a bit more extensive. I would simply ask for the output of the VBoxBugReport tool, but it tends to be really big for the forums (for Win hosts).
mpack
Site Moderator

Post by mpack »

The OP obviously has poor grasp of English, so I suggest we get some basics answered first.