Working with Wireless

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
vsridhars

Working with Wireless

Post by vsridhars »

Hi,

By default, the 4 virtual network adapters that are configured within VirtualBox Guest - are ethernet adapters.

At home - I have a wireless connection.
The HOST Linux OS - works fine with the wireless - and the same primary connection gets shared via NAT and the guest Windows Host also works fine. No issues.

At work - the corporate wireless setup is not so straightforward - as it uses domain specific authentication. Hence, neither my linux OS works with the wireless connection -- nor have I figured out how to transfer this wireless card connectivity to the guest OS.

My thought is - instead of the NAT mode - if I use one of the other two modes - I should be able to share the Wireless device directly on the Guest System. Anyone who knows more about this - I could do with some help here.

Read the manual - am yet to finish the configuration - but my basic doubt is the manual describes sharing ethernet access to the guest (and not wireless access). Unless I get the wireless card detected in the guest OS, it would not be possible to setup the wireless drivers to authenticate live from the guest Windows.
luper

Post by luper »

I'm curious about this too. I need to bridge my wireless in order for it to work right?
-luper