Space problem when loading Win 7 under Linux Mint

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
MARKPWILL

Space problem when loading Win 7 under Linux Mint

Post by MARKPWILL »

I have a Linux laptop with Linux Mint installed and attempting to boot into Winodws 7 32 Bit, I am new to Virtual Box,
I point to ISO file and it wants to create a 32 Gig drive so I accept the defaults but it seems to run out of space during the installation.

My laptop has Intel 64 bit CPU with 200 gig solid state drive

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get past this error message .

Also is there a way after I power down my laptop that what is created on Virtual drive will be there on the next power up

-Mark
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Space problem when loading Win 7 under Linux Mint

Post by socratis »

MARKPWILL wrote:I point to ISO file and it wants to create a 32 Gig drive
Who wants to create a 32 GB drive? The Win7 installer? Where did you get that ISO from?

There should be no need for more than 20 GB (and that's a lot) for a Win7 installation. Mine, after service packs and a barrage of updates is now at 15 GB. And the default template proposed of 32 GB, should be more than enough.

PS. Please avoid typing in ALL CAPS. It looks like you're shouting. I corrected the thread title for you...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.