Windows 10 Black Screen Cannot Play Game

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
THEGURU007

Windows 10 Black Screen Cannot Play Game

Post by THEGURU007 »

hello friends, we are using the latest virtual box on the latest windows 10 1803 but when we install the windows 10 in virtual box IT IS SO SLOW comapared to previous builds to install. then when we try to install the vm guest addtions we tick the use 3d accelaration to enablge 256mb of graphics but the screen goes black during installation and crashes. it does not happen when we deselect 3d accelaration but then the game runs sooo slow.

both windows 10 installation and vm guest installations are slow. this did not happen in build version VirtualBox-5.1.18-114002 which ran perfectly but does not work in latest windows 10.

Please try to fix these issues in next release plz plz
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Windows 10 Black Screen Cannot Play Game

Post by socratis »

Follow a "start the VM from cold-boot" / "observe error" / "shutdown the VM" cycle. With the VM completely shut down (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log". Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response (see the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form).
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
THEGURU007

Post by THEGURU007 »

have attached it, keeps giving slow performance and black screen with 256mb 3d and 2d accelartion
Attachments
vm-log-NOOB-2018-08-15-11-31-01.rar
(30.52 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Your VM's configuration looks very good. Except one thing that might be throwing a conundrum:
00:00:24.063221 supR3HardenedErrorV: supR3HardenedScreenImage/LdrLoadDll:
    rc=VERR_CR_PKCS7_KEY_USAGE_MISMATCH fImage=1 fProtect=0x0 fAccess=0x0
    \Device\HarddiskVolume10\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.
    inf_amd64_274d0ab8ee30c459\nvldumdx.dll: WinVerifyTrust failed with hrc=CERT_E_CHAINING on
    '\Device\HarddiskVolume10\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.
    inf_amd64_274d0ab8ee30c459\nvldumdx.dll'
00:00:24.063356 supR3HardenedErrorV: supR3HardenedMonitor_LdrLoadDll: rejecting
    'C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_274d0ab8ee30c459\nvldumdx.dll'
    (C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_274d0ab8ee30c459\nvldumdx.dll):
    rcNt=0xc0000190
You seem to have a hardening error on your NVidia drivers, a chaining certificate error that results in a key mismatch; a key is expected, yet a different key is stored.

Please read really carefully the following FAQ: Diagnosing VirtualBox Hardening Issues for some generic guidelines/ideas. Remember, these are guidelines, not the exact solution, you have to use your judgement as to which program might be responsible...

I'd start by re-downloading and re-installing the NVidia drivers, in case the ones that you have either aren't properly signed, or haven't updated the Windows Certificate Database.

What's the game in question?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
THEGURU007

Post by THEGURU007 »

the game is GTA Vice City . Am using nvidia 381.89 drivers which work for our games fine outside of vm. if we use
latest drivers they give problems to crysis 3. will use latest nvidia drivers and let you know.

but even with the 381.89 drivers the windows installation should not lag or take long to install and load windows * as before when we were using vm 5.0 with windows 10 1603 was speedy and smooth.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

THEGURU007 wrote:the game is GTA Vice City
You should most probably forget about it. It has too high requirements on the GPU. And you have a virtual GPU on your virtual computer, you do not use your host's GPU.
THEGURU007 wrote:but even with the 381.89 drivers the windows installation should not lag or take long to install
You must have missed the detail that the drivers are not loading, they are rejected, because they're not properly signed.
THEGURU007

Post by THEGURU007 »

very nice the game is working now with newest nvidia drivers but still when installing windows 10 on this new vm release its takes very very long to install even though we are running it off a ssd to install windows. did not take this long on previous 1703 and vm VirtualBox-5.1.18-114002 release. if only VirtualBox-5.1.18-114002 worked for the newest windows 10 1803 would have been perfect for both speedy guest installation etc.

also how do we make it that we use the hosts gpu or that is not possible with this configuration?
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

THEGURU007 wrote:very nice the game is working now with newest nvidia drivers
Really? I'm positively impressed! I honestly wasn't expecting that, great to heat it.
THEGURU007 wrote:if only VirtualBox-5.1.18-114002 worked for the newest windows 10 1803 would have been perfect for both speedy guest installation etc.
If only the Spectre/Meltdown issues hadn't been discovered in the mean time... :(