Problem con VB (#17924)

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
hgmartin

Problem con VB (#17924)

Post by hgmartin »

ModEdit; related ticket: #17924: Error in Virtual Box
I have a problem with Virtual Box, after one or two days it stops working, if I uninstall it and reinitiate it, it works well two or three days and it happens again, I would like some solution for this problem.

Fallo al abrir una sesión para la máquina virtual Win XP Professional.

The virtual machine 'Win XP Professional' has terminated unexpectedly during startup with exit code 1 (0x1). More details may be available in 'C:\Users\Hernan Martin\VirtualBox VMs\Win XP Professional\Logs\VBoxHardening.log'.

Result Code: E_FAIL (0x80004005) Componente: MachineWrap Interfaz: IMachine {85cd948e-a71f-4289-281e-0ca7ad48cd89}

Thanks.
Last edited by socratis on 11. Aug 2018, 19:04, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added ticket related information.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Problem con VB

Post by socratis »

hgmartin wrote:More details may be available in 'C:\Users\Hernan Martin\VirtualBox VMs\Win XP Professional\Logs\VBoxHardening.log'.
Don't you think that you should ZIP and attach that log so that we can see the "more details"? Please do...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
hgmartin

Re: Problem con VB (#17924)

Post by hgmartin »

Ok, Thank ! Atach Log.
Attachments
VBoxHardening.rar
(22.33 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
andyp73
Volunteer
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Post by andyp73 »

Your hardening log file shows that you have Avast and MalwareBytes anti-virus software installed. Both of these are known to cause problems for VirtualBox as they stick their nose into places it has no reason to be. Windows 10 has perfectly good support built in so you could/should uninstall both of them.

You also appear to have IBM's Trusteer Rapport installed. Their June update causes problems for VirtualBox. IBM are aware of the situation and a fix should hopefully be in the works. Stardock Fences is also throwing lots of issues. You should probably uninstall both of these as well.

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.
hgmartin

Post by hgmartin »

Thanks, Andy, but what I do not understand is because it works perfect a few days and then it fails, I uninstall it completely and then I install it again and it works without any problem, and it fails again after two or three days, it is very strange to me.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

hgmartin wrote:I uninstall it completely and then I install it again
Installing, uninstalling, re-installing VirtualBox won't get you far. The underlying problem is still there. You need to uninstall or see if there's an update to the programs that Andy pointed out.

Why does it happen every two-three days? Only you can find out. Check what's loaded, check your scheduler.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
hgmartin

Post by hgmartin »

Thanks, I'll see what you advise me.
hgmartin

Post by hgmartin »

Unfortunately I still have the same problem, from one day to the next the VB stops working, I uninstall and install it and everything works perfectly again, I do not change anything in the configuration of the PC nor do I install anything, it just stops working, some suggestions ??

Thank you so much.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

hgmartin wrote:some suggestions ??
The suggestions were given by Andy, by name. He gave you a list of programs to uninstall. Did you? Unless you did, we can't be continuing on that basis. And as you've already been told, uninstalling and re-installing VirtualBox, is like making a hole in the water...
hgmartin

Post by hgmartin »

Ok I will follow the suggestions of Andy, the problem is that I use these programs and before nothing happened, so I find it strange, anyway today appeared a new version of VB, keep you abreast of the news.

Thank you very much, it is a pleasure to meet people who care about helping others.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

hgmartin wrote:it is a pleasure to meet people who care about helping others.
You haven't seen any boy-scouts? I used to be one, it's not all about helping old ladies cross the street... ;)
hgmartin

Post by hgmartin »

jajaj very good the comment, unfortunately with the new version I still have problems, just restart the PC and fails again, I do not know what the program that can come to bring problems, I will install Win10 on a new disk and try, keep them informed.