Dual Monitor in Windows2000

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
Harris_XA21

Dual Monitor in Windows2000

Post by Harris_XA21 »

Hello everyone.
I have a Windows 2000 on my VM, and I must have support for 2 screens. The host has two monitors (physically), therefore, when the virtual machine is running and you want to enable the second screen, you simply do not enable it.
It worked well with XP and higher, but not with WIn2000.
I have the guest drivers installed and the 2 monitors in the configuration enabled ....
Any ideas?

With the COLLAGE MODE I can solve this, but it looks horrible. If I can solve it in the natural way, it would be great.
Thank you very much!

Santiago from Argentina
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Dual Monitor in Windows2000

Post by socratis »

From a quick search, Win2K required two graphics cards (GPUs) to enable two monitors. I'm not sure that it supports one GPU with two monitors, like the rest, more recent OSes that you mentioned. VirtualBox only gives one "GPU" per VM, so if that's the case, no dual (or more) monitors for a Win2K guest.
Harris_XA21 wrote:With the COLLAGE MODE I can solve this, but it looks horrible. If I can solve it in the natural way, it would be great.
I'm not sure I understand either of these. What's a "collage mode" and what's a "natural way"?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.