Assistance needed for a Windows 98 guest

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
JimC

Assistance needed for a Windows 98 guest

Post by JimC »

I've got a fairly new HP desktop with Windows 10 on it and a lot of older programs and games that would work best with Windows 98. I'm new to virtualbox and I've been trying for the last week to get it to give me a Windows 98 system with a game installed on it with no success and a lot of frustration. I'm in an area of Los Angeles called Westchester, 90045. I need someone with knowledge of how to configure virtualbox properly to assist me; I'd be willing to pay someone for their time, trouble and gas.
Last edited by socratis on 17. Jun 2018, 17:21, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed title to something more appropriate.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Assistance needed for a Windows 98 guest

Post by socratis »

Take a look at the Howtos and Tutorials » Windows Guests area, there are a couple of Win9* tutorials. What game are you looking at?

Otherwise the plane tickets are going to be a little bit on the expensive side if you want me to fly ATH-LAX... ;)
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
JimC

Re: Assistance needed for a Windows 98 guest

Post by JimC »

I appreciate your suggestions but I was hoping for someone more local to me. You're in Greece? Yes, the gas would be very expensive to get you here from Greece. I used to like playing RPGs and I've just recently found myself with the time and motivation to play some of them. I was going to start with Baldurs Gate.