ntoskrnl.exe causes BSOD windows 10

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
Neptune BSC
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows

ntoskrnl.exe causes BSOD windows 10

Post by Neptune BSC »

A random BSOD shows up sometimes on my VM when windows is running. please fix this issue.

ntoskrnl.exe causes this BSOD

guest is Windows 10 1803 x64
host is MacOS 10.13.5
Virtualbox version is 5.2.12

when a new update for Virtualbox is released, it does not fix this issue.
andyp73
Volunteer
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Re: ntoskrnl.exe causes BSOD windows 10

Post by andyp73 »

Neptune BSC wrote:A random BSOD shows up sometimes on my VM when windows is running. please fix this issue.
This is a user to user forum so isn't the right place to start demanding that people fix issues.

You could create a new bug ticket but as you have a random (and therefore not reproducible) issue that probably isn't a VirtualBox issue and doesn't affect other users with the same combination then I doubt you will get very far. If you can find some way of provoking the failure on demand then you might get further. Reading Minimum information needed for assistance and posting a log file might be a good start.

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.
socratis
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Unless we see a VBox.log (ZIPPED) and the VM recipe (the .vbox file), you won't get too far, that's for sure. Especially with a problem that's 100% happening in the guest, and not in VirtualBox.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Neptune BSC

Post by Neptune BSC »

this is the log and the vbox file
Attachments
vbox.log.zip
(33.87 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

That was only the log file, but it's OK (for the moment). Your log look amazingly good, I don't see any problems with the configuration.

What's the BSOD that you're getting? It may not be related to VirtualBox at all. What were you doing at the moment that your VM BSODed?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Neptune BSC

Post by Neptune BSC »

I am getting 0x00000109 in the blue screen randomly on my VM.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

I had more questions that that...
Again, this is *not* necessarily a VirtualBox issue. Treat it as such...
Neptune BSC

Post by Neptune BSC »

how can I attach the vbox file.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

I should have checked your post history, mea culpa...
This is a duplicate of your other thread "Freezing every time a BSOD appears on Windows 10 guest (#17590)".
  • You were repeatedly asked to provide information.
  • You were repeatedly told to look at it as a native error, not a VirtualBox error.
  • You opened ticket #17590
  • You opened another, duplicate ticket #17736
If you continue to open duplicate discussions and tickets, I'm going to have to take more drastic measures, from temporary ban to a permanent one. For the moment, I'm locking this one, until we discuss with the rest of the moderators/administrators what we are going to do about your case. As I already told you:
Opening new threads and new tickets without providing any information when asked, is not going to have a happy ending. In the best case scenario, you will be completely ignored, because there's nothing else that can be done about your issue...
Continue the discussion in viewtopic.php?f=2&t=87676