Impossible to locate sqlnet.ora

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
charlem

Impossible to locate sqlnet.ora

Post by charlem »

Hello,

I am using virtualbox Version 5.2.12 r122591 (Qt5.6.2) on a windows 10 machine.

I can not find the sqlnet.ora file. When trying to open the file with command $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/sqlnet.ora, I receive an error message telling that permission is denied.
[oracle@localhost ~]$ $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/sqlnet.ora
bash: /u01/app/oracle/product/12.2/db_1/network/admin/sqlnet.ora: Permission denied
As you may have understood, I am quite new with Virtualbox and linux. So I apology for my dumb question I have browsed the directories available to find it manually but without success. Can anyone give me some help?

Thanks in advance,

Have a nice day (or night)

Charlem
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Impossible to locate sqlnet.ora

Post by socratis »

This is not a VirtualBox problem. VirtualBox provides the "hardware", not any software. That's your guest. You're having a problem with your guest.

Just because an OS/program that runs in the context of VirtualBox has a problem, it doesn't make it a VirtualBox problem necessarily. You're having an issue that has most probably nothing to do with VirtualBox, so my suggestion would be to treat it as such, as a native problem with the OS or the application of the guest.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
ChipMcK
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, OSX

Re: Impossible to locate sqlnet.ora

Post by ChipMcK »

sqlnet.ora is a file of Oracle Database.

Oracle Database is a separate product with its own support site Oracle Database Support

edited to correct 'finger-check'