[Solved] Shared folders no longer work

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
QuarterLessTwain

[Solved] Shared folders no longer work

Post by QuarterLessTwain »

After the recent update to Win 10 build 17134, both guest and host, I can't get shared folders to work. In Network and Sharing Center, both guest and host, I have all of the sharing options turned on. I turned on all the checkboxes in the VB Shared Folders settings, but I can't find the shared folders in the guest. I can't figure out what else to do, because that part of the VB manual is based on Win XP.
Last edited by socratis on 12. Jun 2018, 00:30, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as [Solved].
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Shared folders no longer work

Post by socratis »

QuarterLessTwain wrote:After the recent update to Win 10 build 17134, both guest and host
Re-install VirtualBox on your host. Re-install the Guest Additions on your guest. See if the situation improves.
QuarterLessTwain wrote:In Network and Sharing Center, both guest and host, I have all of the sharing options turned on.
Those settings involve Windows-Networking shared folders, not VirtualBox shared folders, they're not the same thing, not even the same idea.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
QuarterLessTwain

Post by QuarterLessTwain »

Reinstalling fixed it. Thx.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Glad you got it going. Marking as [Solved].
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.