.Net version 4.0 in Windows 7

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
GreePaul

.Net version 4.0 in Windows 7

Post by GreePaul »

A program I'm trying to install on Windows 7 (running in Virtual Box) tells me it requires .NET version 4.0.
Following instructions found on the internet to install that, I typed "net stop WuAuServe" into command prompt,
but it tells me "access denied".

There should be a way to do it,
because the same program runs on Windows 7 on my desktop, which does not use Virtual Box.
Thanks for any help you can give.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: .Net version 4.0 in Windows 7

Post by socratis »

GreePaul wrote:the same program runs on Windows 7 on my desktop, which does not use Virtual Box.
Just because an OS/program that runs in the context of VirtualBox has a problem, it doesn't make it a VirtualBox problem necessarily. You're having an issue that has most probably nothing to do with VirtualBox, so my suggestion would be to treat it as such, as a native problem with the OS or the application of the guest.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
BillG
Volunteer
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows 10,7 and earlier

Re: .Net version 4.0 in Windows 7

Post by BillG »

Did you try installing .NET 4.0 or later?

What version of .NET is installed on the physical machine which works?
Bill