OA + VB = no boot

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
Leolas

OA + VB = no boot

Post by Leolas »

Hi all

I'm having an issue with Online Armor v3beta: after I install OA on Virtual Box and I reboot the VM, during the login VB freezes and the only way to log in again is to log in in safe mode and uninstall Online Armor. :(

The same happens to others... Is there any way to fix this?

ps: OA3b on VMWare works smoothly, but I prefer VB.. I hope this issue can be fixed :wink:
TerryE
Volunteer
Primary OS: Ubuntu other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Ubuntu 10.04 & 11.10, both Svr&Wstn, Debian, CentOS

Post by TerryE »

OA obviously tries to do clever things with the network. VBs network implementation is probably its weakest area architecturally. This + clever stuff = instability. Have you tried both NAT and Bridged configs?

You might want to raise a trouble ticket but I doubt that it will get much attention. The sun folk know that fixing the networking is a high priority anyway. You may have to live with a conventional firewall or go back to VMware.
Read the Forum Posting Guide
Google your Q site:VirtualBox.org or search for the answer before posting.
Leolas

Post by Leolas »

Thank you for the answer :D

After reading your post, another user unchecked Connected Cable's option (I don't know what's the correct name in the english version) before OA's installation, and it worked :wink:

Then we just need to check that option again

Thank you again :wink:
Sasquatch
Volunteer
Primary OS: Debian other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows XP, Windows 7, Linux

Post by Sasquatch »

You can connect and disconnect cables during runtime too. Just right click the networking icon in the statusbar when using the VBox GUI.
Read the Forum Posting Guide before opening a topic.
VirtualBox FAQ: Check this before asking questions.
Online User Manual: A must read if you want to know what we're talking about.
Howto: Install Linux Guest Additions
Howto: Use Shared Folders on Linux Guest
See the Tutorials and FAQ section at the top of the Forum for more guides.
Try searching the forums first with Google and add the site filter for this forum.
E.g. install guest additions site:forums.virtualbox.org

Retired from this Forum since OSSO introduction.
dOz

Post by dOz »

I was having the same problem as Leolas.

with XP SP3 on host and guest, new install on guest.

I barely got Online Armor to install by disconnecting the cable but then it booted and took a long time for the desktop to show.

I decided to take off all options and installed OA agian on new clean VM snapshot. It installed very well and was running excellent. Then I turned on the AMD-V extensions and XP hanged on bootup.

I think that's the problem. Not sure what about Intel VT-x, have not tested.

Also was having problems before using Host Interface Networking, computer kept crashing and rebooting itself. I reverted back to NAT. Will try Host Interface Networking again without the AMD-V and see what happens.