[Solved] Screen resolution problem after install 1803

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
Take5

[Solved] Screen resolution problem after install 1803

Post by Take5 »

Hi,

My host OS is Win10 Prof 64bit, and guest OS is same. I installed the last update on host (1803), after it installed on guest also. (rerun the "Guest addition" installation on guest). I saw that, the maximal screen resolution was 1400x1050, instead of full hd, what was originally. After it I refreshed the VirtualBox to 5.2.12, with guest addition, and refreshed the guest addition also, but nothing changed.
The configuration:
Hardware: 2 core, 8 GB memory
Screen: maximum (256 MB) video memory size, enable 2d and 3d cache.

Could you help me please, what is the solution?

Thank you!
Take5
Last edited by socratis on 19. May 2018, 20:53, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as [Solved].
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Screen resolution problem after install 1803

Post by socratis »

Take5 wrote:I saw that, the maximal screen resolution was 1400x1050, instead of full hd, what was originally.
What's your host's resolution? What happens if you take your guest to FullScreen? What is the resolution in the guest then?

We're also going to need a complete VBox.log, from a complete VM run:
  • Gathering the necessary information:
    1. Start the VM from cold-boot (not from a paused or saved state).
    2. Observe the error, i.e. check your available display options.
    3. Shutdown the VM (force close it if you have to).
  • With the VM completely shut down (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log".
  • Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response. See the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Take5

Post by Take5 »

Hi!

Thank you your answer, you have gave me the solution.
My original setup was the full screen mode, what I did not change after the Windows update. When you ask the full screen mode, then I try to change it to "desktop integration", and back to full screen.
And that was the simple solution.

Thank you again!
Take5
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Glad you got it going. Marking as [Solved].
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.