[WorksForMe] (Windows XP) PosReady 2009 BSOD crusoe.sys

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: (Windows XP) PosReady 2009 BSOD crusoe.sys

Post by socratis »

Although virtualization was not involved in your real system, I'm going to "close" this, as it clearly was something either in the VM settings or the disk that you downloaded.

The standard installation CD from Microsoft works as is, with a WinXP template, so, I'm going to mark the thread as [WorksForMe].
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
phdsurvival

Re: [WorksForMe] (Windows XP) PosReady 2009 BSOD crusoe.sys

Post by phdsurvival »

Just to clarify, both CD and DVD work, only when i use I/O APIC. Both produce BSOD when used default settings only. I/O APIC has to be used, at least in my case (hardware).
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

phdsurvival wrote:Just to clarify, both CD and DVD work, only when i use I/O APIC.
Not in my case. As I mentioned earlier:
socratis wrote:
 Edit: It works with the default WinXP template, except RAM == 512 MB, as per MS requirements. 
and the default WinXP template does not have I/O APIC enabled. So, I'm not sure what you're referring to...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
phdsurvival

Post by phdsurvival »

That must depend on hardware of our real PCs. For emachines e725 laptop default windows xp template settings do not work. I/O APIC in Settings - System has to be enabled, just after creating virtual machine using wizard or otherwise. Tested it many times just to be sure. Also i successfully installed this OS on my real PC, just had to use easy2boot, copy iso image to appropriate XP folder, and extract whole ISO into usb drive as additional step. Author of easy2boot tried the same and said will make a better support and tutorial for it. But that is only needed for those u have BSOD 7B (missing hard disk driver) on real pc, and is not related to this BSOD in virtualbox.

And for those interested in "will new cryptographic libraries work on posready, so we can properly see https sites on chrome and internet explorer and some download managers" the answer is no. That is, looks like, because Internet Explorer by itself doesn't support TLS 1.1 and 1.2, so regardless of libraries (rsaenh.dll...) everything we do is useless. Nothing will help us. I think Internet Explorer has to be reprogrammed or version 9 made available on XP. Or new programs have to be made, as Microsoft said.

I don't use Windows 7 or 10 because i have no other than Microsoft drivers, meaning they miss various abilities, probably OpenGL and that icon in taskbar that allows various settings, plus Windows 7 can't go to sleep, although Microsoft made fix for this too, it doesn not work. Microsoft made various fixes, that just do not work. Similar to how Rockstar Games made v1.1 version of GTA San Andreas in which they said they fixed "thunderstorm bug", which they did not. I still have all the bugs, but this is already off topic...

Most importantly Posready 2009 finally works in vbox and real pc...
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

phdsurvival wrote:That must depend on hardware of our real PCs.
I'm sorry, but we don't deal with real PCs, unless they interfere with the VMs. What your real PC does or doesn't allow/do, is not something that we're going to worry about in these forums, and it might be something that might have to be actually removed.

I hope you understand that the discussions cannot start dealing with real PCs as well, we have enough traffic with the virtual ones as it is already... ;)
phdsurvival

Post by phdsurvival »

Yeah, but i have no more problems, everything is already solved now :D
And i like warez :mrgreen:
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

phdsurvival wrote:And i like warez
As an esteemed colleague once said:
On this site we like to pretend that everyone is honest, observes copyright, and doesn't use trial software for more than the intended period.
So, no talk of warez please, unless it's softwarez or sharewarez... ;)
Sanivitae

Post by Sanivitae »

1. Enable Virtualization Technology in BIOS
2. Set 2 active proccessors in a tab system/proscessors in VBOX

THIS solution helped me instantly with the BSOD problem (crusoe.sys) and endless reboots!