Double mouse pointer in Windows 10 guest (#17778)

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Double mouse pointer in Windows 10 guest

Post by socratis »

delphijunkie wrote:Using VirtualBox scaling will definitely work for me for now.
Unfortunately, I can't test this, I don't have such a large, high-res monitor. If you could send me yours ... perhaps? :D

One other thing you could try (but only try) is to install the Development snapshots (at the very bottom of the page). No promises, except potential crashes (just kidding). Can you temporarily install them and see if it's working or not?

I wouldn't keep working with the Development snapshots though, you may find more issues (you will find more issues), and there's absolutely zero support for those.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
delphijunkie

Re: Double mouse pointer in Windows 10 guest

Post by delphijunkie »

Will have to get back to you later on that one. Got some pressing work I need the VM for right now. But when things quieten down, I can give that a bash.
Last edited by socratis on 18. May 2018, 00:19, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary verbatim quote of the whole previous message.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Double mouse pointer in Windows 10 guest (#17778)

Post by socratis »

@delphijunkie
Another user is having the same issue like you do, see ticket #17778: Double cursor on Mac OS host with unscaled HiDPI / W10 Guest with 200% scale.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
delphijunkie

Post by delphijunkie »

Thanks for the heads up.
Last edited by socratis on 22. May 2018, 22:31, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary verbatim quote of the whole previous message.
MiSterS

Post by MiSterS »

Looks like I have the problem running VB6.0.4 on OSX 10.11.6 with a Win10 Pro guest.

It happens if scaling in VB is set to 100% and scaling in Windows ist set to 175%
It DOES NOT happen if Mouse Integration is OFF.
It also happens independently of installing GA.

In addition to the double mouse pointer the right mouse click (two finger tap on OSX) does NOT work correctly. (This also works fine if Mouse integration is turned OFF).
E.g. the contextmenu is just flickering shortly and dependent on the location of the mouse pointer a menuitem is selected.
Bulldog1024

Post by Bulldog1024 »

My guest OS' are either Win 10 or Win 7. For the Win 10 host I use white mouse cursor and set it as black for all guests. Starting sometime in V5 I started getting a small white arrow superimposed over the larger guest black arrow OR I would get a thick horizontal black line superimposed on the black arrow. Nothing I could think of could correct that. I have GA installed also.

However by digging in the mouse parameters in the control panel I have found a cure to both problems above. I had Mouse Trails enabled to help on my 3 large monitors. The simple part was deselecting Mouse Trails. However no simple solution is without a bazar twist. Just clearing the check box WITHOUT clicking Apply or OK fixed the problem. However you will want to click Apply or OK to make the change permanent.