VirtualBox machines all zoomed in on Windows 10

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
SolidSnake

VirtualBox machines all zoomed in on Windows 10

Post by SolidSnake »

Semi new to VirtualBox here, have run into an issue in my Server class when using VirtualBox to create Virtual Machines. When I start the VM, it appears normal until the login screen where it becomes zoomed in. It's usable, but very annyoing to complete tasks in the classroom.

The only fix I've found was to view in scaled mode, which definitely helps, but still isn't where I want it to be. I've tried changing some settings under Settings>User Interface>View such as unchecking Adjust Window Size and Auto-Resize Guest Display, which had no effect.

Any knowledge of this issue, as well as any troubleshooting steps would be greatly appreciated.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: VirtualBox machines all zoomed in on Windows 10

Post by socratis »

For future reference, please provide complete information about your host, your guest and your VirtualBox. Use the complete version numbers (including the build numbers) to identify your software:
  • "OSX" isn't enough, "OSX 10.9.5 build 13f1911" is much better.
  • "Win10" isn't enough, "Win10 1607, build 14393.969" is much better.
  • "Ubuntu" isn't enough, "Ubuntu 16.04, 4.4.0-59-generic #80-Ubuntu SMP" is much better.
  • "The latest VirtualBox" isn't enough, "VirtualBox 5.1.22 r115126" is much better.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.