[Resolved] Windows 7 "Bridged Adapter" static IP vs auto IP

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
Ivan Drago

[Resolved] Windows 7 "Bridged Adapter" static IP vs auto IP

Post by Ivan Drago »

Hello.
I configure the guest operating system Windows 7 with "bridge adapter". If automatic settings are ip address, everything works fine. But when I change to static ip with the same settings, the Internet does not work and access to the guest operating system from the local network is not present. All settings ip, gateway, dns the same, but in automatic mode everything works, in manual not.
Last edited by socratis on 3. May 2018, 15:21, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as [Resolved].
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Windows 7 "Bridged Adapter" static IP vs auto IP

Post by socratis »

Ivan Drago wrote:All settings ip, gateway, dns the same, but in automatic mode everything works, in manual not.
Can we see them as well? Post the output of "ipconfig /all" from a Command prompt, for both cases. Oh, and your hosts equivalent command.

We're going to need to see a VM log from a complete VM run:
  • Start the VM from cold-boot (not from a paused or saved state) / Observe error / Shutdown the VM (force close it if you have to).
  • With the VM completely shut down (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log".
  • Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response. See the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form.
Do the above for both configuration options.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Ivan Drago

Post by Ivan Drago »

socratis wrote: Can we see them as well?
Thank you very much for the help!
After restarting the computer on which VirtualBOx is installed, the static IP is working!!! When I installed VirtualBox, I necessarily rebooted, but it turned out to be useful after I created a new virtual machine. Thank you!
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

I don't think I helped too much, to be honest, but I'm glad you got it going after a reboot. Clean start ;) .

Marking as [Resolved].
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.