Activation of Microsoft products running P2V in Oracle VirtualBox

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
Dirk_Lehmann

Activation of Microsoft products running P2V in Oracle VirtualBox

Post by Dirk_Lehmann »

Moving a Wortmann AG Windoww XP to VM within VirtualBox, because FHV is not / seems not available for Windows 10, the Win XP force to get activated again and Office 2006 Basic also fore Activation. Internet-Activation fails, Microsoft Activation Center told new installation. How to force activation instead and deinstall / uninstall on Wortmann AG Windows XP PC to save installing all programs and recover all data for the VM agaiin? I am wondering if somebody can help me out or help me doing the research in the web for the force activation of both Microsoft products. The original license key available products can be decided the to remove from Wortmann PC with Windows XP and Office 2006 Basic.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Activation of Microsoft products running P2V in Oracle VirtualBox

Post by socratis »

Dirk_Lehmann wrote:I am wondering if somebody can help me out
Only Microsoft can help you with Microsoft product activation.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Dirk_Lehmann

Post by Dirk_Lehmann »

They (Microsoft Activation Center) told new installation! Seem one is forced, but can not believe that, to install all from scratch and unable to legaly physical to virtual those by uninstalling afterwords from physical PC.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

Nobody here can help you circumvent copyright protection measures on any product.

Microsoft (quite rightly IMO (*)) consider a VM to be separate from the host PC. This is not usually a problem for a P2V: simply reactivate and of course you must stop using the originals.

You should be grateful: the software I develop at work refuses to be installed in a VM at all.

(*) Since the VM is separately licensed it can be legally used on any host.
Dirk_Lehmann

Post by Dirk_Lehmann »

It is separated from the host pc, activation vis internet fails and via Microsoft Activation Center. Can of cours (IMO) not deinstall until they are activated on host. Public docmentation did not warn and I did not thing about it before giving out new PC and convert existing PC to virtual maschine that they / he is IMO able to use his application he did or does not know if there is a version for Windows 10 but wanted a notebook. Physical to virtual and all the work I did (adaptering hdd, imaging) is seem for nothing know. Also that I cabled Win XP PC again that he / they are able to use the programm with database also as the Microsoft Windows XP and Microsoft Office 2006 Basic. Without reinstall VM its able, as spoken, to use the application but not Microsoft Office 2006 Basic. I am gping to make further investiagation and looking forward to uninstall Microsoft Office 2006 Basic on host and install it again. Bridgeing for guest is set, hoping that internet activation of Microsoft Office 2006 Basic will pasd then and might be uninstalled from other Win XP PC. Win XP Activation program might be able to tricked out and I unsure to research the exact registry entries and more for that and I am allowed to do this. PC wirh Wndows XP might then be replaced by the virtuarl guest running this (trash or something else).
Dirk_Lehmann

Post by Dirk_Lehmann »

I am wondering if one here is able to let me know if possible for the owner of new notebook with oracle VirtualBox open licensed bridged guest (Windows XP) the Microsoft Office 2006 Basic will a hundret percent sure activate when deinstalling an installing it via programs and apllications with exisiting license key and hologram-label? Otherwise I am going to contact the Microsoft activation center again regarding this as a service.
Dirk_Lehmann

Post by Dirk_Lehmann »

Is Office 2007 Basic! Not 2006 Basic (wrote this in mistake). Calling Microsoft Activation Center at the Moment, and do not sit in front of the host with this guest. Hopeing they might tell me how to activate Office 2007 Basic, by a new appointment there, for him, that he might remove it from his PC and use it in the virtual maschine.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

I'm not sure why you're keeping us so closely informed? I don't really see what your activation issues with a third party product have to do with VirtualBox. There is nothing in the VirtualBox documentation to suggest that circumventing copyright protection measures is a goal of the product.