Unable to transfer files from Guest to Shared folder

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
gustavosaviano

Unable to transfer files from Guest to Shared folder

Post by gustavosaviano »

Good evening, fellas.
I've recently installed Win10 Enterprise on a RedHat host.However, I'm struggling to transfer files from Win10 to my shared folder. The weird thing is that it doesn't happen for all the files/folders, some of them just tranfers without any issue.
The error I get is:
"An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file. If you continue to receive this error, you can use the error code to search for help with this problem.

Error 0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect."

It happens for different type of files, big or small ones and folders as well.
I've already gone to a lot of forum, including this one, and other websites but or they are all very old threads or the workaround didn't help me at all. I've tried removing Guest additions, reinstalling it, downgrading it, modifying few reg keys, changing the decimal separator, etc. No luck so far.
So this is my last shot as I don't know what else to try. The paste/copy within Windows is working just fine, it fails only when I try to transfer files to the shared folder.
Please, help me! :cry:

PS: sorry for the bad english.
erdeslawe
Volunteer

Re: Unable to transfer files from Guest to Shared folder

Post by erdeslawe »

This is a Windows issue rather than a VirtualBox problem.

One relatively common cause (particularly in networking style environments such as those created with VMs) is when length of a filename (including its entire path) exceeds/will exceed the limits permitted by Windows but, if that's not it, you need to continue looking for a solution on Windows fora.