Trouble with Windows 10 Pro - can't get to local domain because of Azure AD

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
mrstangblb

Trouble with Windows 10 Pro - can't get to local domain because of Azure AD

Post by mrstangblb »

I have looked all over the Internet to fix this problem and finally as last resort figured I'd ask a question here, but I'm running OS 10.13.3 with the newest VirtualBox downloaded yesterday. I installed Windows 10 Professional like I normally do (I've installed VirtualBox with Windows 7 a couple of times before with no problems at all), and I signed in along the installation process into our Office 365 account. Everything seems to be working well and it has updated well, so I figured I'd try to connect to our local domain.

Every time I try to do so, I get the "The following error occurred attempting to join the domain: This device is joined to Azure AD...."

There is no button anywhere to disconnect from work or school.

I've changed from NAT to Bridged in the VirtualBox settings like people were suggesting, but that's not helping. I always get the same error message above.

The server we have here at the church is on a fixed IP, and I tried setting that in ip4 as suggested on other sites, but I am stuck. I'm surprised because I've usually been able to sail through these installations with no problem.

I'm not the most well versed in extensive IT operations but I can usually Google stuff and figure it out. Last resort is calling out outside IT guys to fix stuff, but I'm not calling them about this problem. It SHOULD be easy enough to figure out, but I haven't. I'm coming to the experts here now.

I sure appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks ahead of time!

EDIT: I just added our domain in a new Windows 7 Pro installation - no problems whatsoever.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Trouble with Windows 10 Pro - can't get to local domain because of Azure AD

Post by socratis »

Moving to "Windows Guests" from "OSX Hosts".
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
BillG
Volunteer
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Windows 10,7 and earlier

Post by BillG »

That really has nothing to do with VirtualBox, so making changes to the VirtualBox settings will not change anything. It is a purely Windows problem, so I would suggest you post in a Technet Windows 10 or Directory Services forum for advice on how to leave the Azure domain.

Windows will only allow you to join one domain at a time. You will need to leave the Azure domain before you can join your local domain.
Bill
mrstangblb

Post by mrstangblb »

That's what I figured, Bill - but I hope I can get some help on how to leave Azure.
Last edited by socratis on 15. Mar 2018, 18:50, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary verbatim quote of the whole previous message.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

And as BilG said:
BillG wrote:It is a purely Windows problem, so I would suggest you post in a Technet Windows 10 or Directory Services forum for advice on how to leave the Azure domain.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.