Windows XP to Windows 10 32bit

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
SkySloth

Windows XP to Windows 10 32bit

Post by SkySloth »

I am new and I don't know a whole lot about VM. A friend showed it to me once about a year ago but that was it. I have already installed VM and set it to run WIN 10 32bit. When I first start VM to run Win 10 I fet a pop up message saying
"VT-x/AMD-V hardware acceleration is not available on your system. Certain guests(e.g OS/2 and QNX) require this feature and will fail to boot without it."
I tried to run it and sure enough it gave me a fatal error. Could anyone help?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Windows XP to Windows 10 32bit

Post by socratis »

As the error says, you don't have hardware acceleration on your computer. It's either not there, disabled, or unavailable. See the FAQ "I have a 64bit host, but can't install 64bit guests". Those are guidelines, you have to use your judgement...

Don't let the title fool you. Besides the 64bit guests, VT-x is required for anything Windows greater than 8.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.