[Solved] Windows Vista audio problems

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
lorecast162

[Solved] Windows Vista audio problems

Post by lorecast162 »

Hello, I have Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 installed on VBox 5.2.4 Windows 10 Home host.
Guest additions install fine, and Aero works too, but even though it "outputs" audio and driver is indeed installed, no sound is actually heard, and it's not a host related problem, since audio works fine on host OS, audio settings are set to HD Audio on the VM. Should I try AC97?
Last edited by socratis on 3. Mar 2018, 10:13, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as [Solved].
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Windows Vista audio problems

Post by socratis »

lorecast162 wrote:Should I try AC97?
No, first you should try 5.2.8. It contains a lot of audio fixes.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
lorecast162

Post by lorecast162 »

ok, I'll update rn
lorecast162

Post by lorecast162 »

Issue is indeed fixed. Thanks
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Great, thanks for the feedback. Marking as [Solved].
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
hmo

Post by hmo »

lorecast162 wrote:Issue is indeed fixed. Thanks
Not quite: The input (microphone) is not working for me in 5.2.8 (Win10-64 host, WIn7064 and WIn10-64 guests).
socratis
Site Moderator

Re: [Solved] Windows Vista audio problems

Post by socratis »

hmo wrote:Not quite
Yes quite. You hijacked another user's solved problem and you have an opinion whether their problem was solved or not? I doubt it.

If you have a problem, open your own thread. Do not hijack other people's threads, especially when they're marked as [Solved] by to OP.