Windows 10 running on Virtualbox shared clipboard stop working

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
jjyy001

Windows 10 running on Virtualbox shared clipboard stop working

Post by jjyy001 »

I enabled bidirectional clipboard sharing. It was working but suddenly doesn't work.

Because the OS running on something important so I can't restart the system. I tried to kill VboxTray.exe process and restart agian, it doesn't work. How can I fix this issue? Thanks.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Windows 10 running on Virtualbox shared clipboard stop working

Post by socratis »

Something broke in your system and the default (or the 99%) answer would be; restart the guest. If you can't, it's not that easy to know exactly what went wrong. Another 0.99% that know, would advice you to restart the VBoxTray process. You did that. So I'm not sure what else you can try in terms of Shared Clipboard... You might have to face the problem without copy/paste, until you reboot.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
jjyy001

Post by jjyy001 »

Is there anyway I can restart Vbox Guest service?
Last edited by socratis on 3. Mar 2018, 11:35, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary verbatim quote of the whole previous message.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Via the... Services?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.