Create and Share virtual printer

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
Aeggys

Create and Share virtual printer

Post by Aeggys »

Share virtual printer

hello
:(

Any help would be extremely welcome !!!

I got this test:

In a virtual environment ( I choose Oracle VM virtualbox )
create 2 virtual machines windows 10 (using the trial version), named pc1 and pc2 respectively.
Bridged Adapter network in VM settings for both machines. (as required by the test)
In class I received the required IP address , Subnet mask and the DNS server address, which unfortunately I cannot reproduce at home to exercise further ...

Also “Oracle VM guest addition” -amd64 is installed on both pc1 and pc2 guests.

On both guests (pc1 and pc2) are extra Users.
On pc1, a virtual printer needs to be installed and shared in a homegroup with users on pc2
both pc1 and pc2 have Settings – Network : private

How to Create and Share that virtual printer? ? ? ?

what I did

Settings
Printers and scanners
Add a printer or a scanner
the printer that I want isn’t listed
Add a local printer (…) with manual settings
create new port
Standard TCP/IP port
( as it is in the “manual” …)
tipe the printer IP address or host name ...
-------------------------
And at that IP address for the virtual printer I am lost …

due to network failure last Friday , this very last part of the test is for now , Monday , in the 1st half hour.
And I did nothing else for the entire weekend than to try to create and share that virtual printer , to no avail…

everything else is in place : users with specific permissions mostly…
but if this godlike printer is not created and shared I am failing the test and that will be the end…

:(
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Create and Share virtual printer

Post by socratis »

How you share a printer in Windows, that's not a VirtualBox question, search in the Microsoft forums. What might be your VirtualBox question is the failure to use the Bridged network at one location, while it work on another.

Bridged and wireless don't always play nice. Bridged networking is outside the WLAN specification. Bridging to wireless is not really bridging. It may or may not work. Some combinations of Routers/Access Points, WLAN cards and drivers work, some don't. See: Bridging & Wifi - Supported hardware and add your experience. For example, it works fine in my home, but not in my office. Same laptop, same VM. Try to see if it works either with wired-bridged or with NATnetwork.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.