Can't seem to get sticky keys working

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
Henoboy
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Windows 7, Ubuntu

Can't seem to get sticky keys working

Post by Henoboy »

I have a windows 10 host and a windows 7 guest.

I launched the guest and pressed host key and then capture but when I try to press shift 5 times the host responds and not the guest.
Anyone got any tips?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Can't seem to get sticky keys working

Post by socratis »

This combination maybe (most probably) get intercepted by the host, before VirtualBox has a chance to get it. Not that much you can do about it, unless you can change the key-combo...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Henoboy
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Windows 7, Ubuntu

Post by Henoboy »

It's not getting Ctrl+alt+del either. Shame. Thanks for the fast response anyway
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Of course it won't! There are some keys reserved for the host. You definitely don't want your guest to capture everything, crash and bring your host down as well, do you?

There is a special key combination to direct an Alt+Ctrl+Del to the guest; HostKey+Del. Or find it in the menu Input » Keyboard.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.