Windows 7 64 Graphics

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
Schuffd

Windows 7 64 Graphics

Post by Schuffd »

Hi,
I have a problem since yesterday with the WIn7 OS in virtual box on macOS
The first time ive installed it everything was fine the graphics was ok and was able to set the resolution macOS native mode. I removed the system (complete delete) and setup as new. Now I am unable to change the resolution and or the graphics adapter. Crerate a new machine with the setting I want (video memory 256mb) but windows cant show it anymore. Nothing else was changed no macOS updates etc. I removed the virtual box app and restarted the Mac and started all over. Same issue.
Not able to use windows like before. Anyone the same problems?
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Windows 7 64 Graphics

Post by mpack »

Please provide a VM log file. With the VM fully shut down, right click it in the GUI. Select "Show Log" and save "VBox.log" (ONLY) to a zip file. Attach the zip here.

p.s. It's best not to thrash, i.e. do not perform any steps when you don't know the outcome in advance. All that deletion and reinstallation just wasted time. What was required was an analysis and understanding of the problem. For example, I see no mention that you installed the Guest Additions - the log will provide such info.
Schuffd

Post by Schuffd »

I will do that when Its installed again. I had installed the Guest Additions.
Not delete? But when I correct understand and I remove everything it should be worked as the first time, no?
Schuffd

Post by Schuffd »

log file attached
Attachments
win7 64 bit-2018-01-06-20-43-12.log.zip
log file
(29.79 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

I'm seeing a lot of activity related to display size, but I don't see anything actually wrong. What setting do you have in the VirtualBox UI for File|Preferences|Display|Maximum Guest Screen Size?

Also, what did you mean in your first post when you said that you couldn't change the display adapter? You can't (and never could) change the display adapter in a VirtualBox VM.

And the reason you shouldn't delete is the general principle: don't fix what aint broke. By deleting you have to remember how to rebuild everything exactly as it was before, and you clearly haven't done that: if nothing was different then it would be doing the same as before.