VERR_NOT_SUPPORTED

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
tr888
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: XP Pro SP3

VERR_NOT_SUPPORTED

Post by tr888 »

I used the New option in the UI for VirtualBox 5.2.2r119230 and chose "use an existing virtual hard disk file" option.

It is a Windows 7 x64 system and I allocated 8192MB RAM to it (on a Windows 10 system with 32GB RAM).

I pointed to FOO.vhdx which was created using Disk2vhd v2.01 at sysinternals.com

FOO.vhdx included the "System Reserved" partition of 100MB as well as my main C: drive partition. In total it was 264GB.

I am getting the error VERR_NOT_SUPPORTED.
Result Code: E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Component: Medium Wrap
Interface: IMedium
Callee: IVirtualBox
Callee RC: VBOX_E_OBJECT_NOT_FOUND

Is the fact that the VHDX contains the "System Reserved" partition the cause of this problem? Should I recreate the VHD without it?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: VERR_NOT_SUPPORTED

Post by socratis »

tr888 wrote:Is the fact that the VHDX contains the "System Reserved" partition the cause of this problem? Should I recreate the VHD without it?
Nope, that's not it. See the discussion from last July: Add VHDX support. A quick and dirty search for "VirtualBox VHDX" shows it as the first result in my search. Maybe you need to switch search engines? ;)
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.