[Solved] STM device in DFU Mode

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
Laserman

[Solved] STM device in DFU Mode

Post by Laserman »

I have a digital mobile radio that when plugged in and turned on in Windows, comes up as STM Device in DFU Mode on the Device manager.

Running VirtualBox on an Ubuntu 16.04 system, I run VirtualBox but there are no options available for me to select this device for connection. It's not listed as an available USB device.

How can I get VirtualBox to read or detect this device?

:shock:
Last edited by socratis on 24. Oct 2017, 17:23, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as [Solved].
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: STM device in DFU Mode

Post by socratis »

Please read the following thread: USB basics and troubleshooting, all of the posts. If you still have a problem after reading through the whole thing, please follow the advice of the last post.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Laserman

Post by Laserman »

Thank you for the reply and I will take a look at your recommendation when I get home this evening.

Laserman
Laserman

Post by Laserman »

I don't remember the year I was first introduced to Oracle Virtual Box but every time, it has never failed me and this time is no different.

Thanks for your guidance and instruction. I was able to create a filter and it identified it with no problem. Learned something new today and am very much appreciative for the efforts of this program. I was successful in working with the radio.

Laserman
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Excellent! Thanks for the feedback. Marking as [Solved].
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.